Monday, January 14, 2013

Educational visit scientist needed- Torquay

Dear UKPN

Sherwell Valley Primary school are looking for a polar scientist to
share experiences of polar science with their Year 4 class. They have
previously had a fantastic visit from Laura Hobbs of the UKPN, who is
currently on fieldwork.

Please let me know if you are in that area and would be interested in
inspiring some young minds!

All the best,

Ella


On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 11:20 AM,
>
> Hi Laura,
> My name is Sharon Vallance and I am a Year 4 teacher at Sherwell Valley Primary School in Torquay, Devon. I know that you have visited our school before and I would like to invite you back to talk to our Year 4 children about your experiences. We are currently learning about The Polar Regions in class. The previous teacher told me how great you were and how much the children enjoyed and learned from your visit!
>
> I hope you will be able to arrange a visit, if so, please could you let me know when might be convenient for you - preferably this half-term ( I realise that this is quite short notice, sorry!). Could you also let me know about costs and any resources you will need.
>
> I look forward to hearing from you
>
> Many thanks
> Sharon Vallance




--
Ella Darlington
President, UK Polar Network