Thursday, March 2, 2017

Re: Want to volunteer with UKPN in the Leeds Science Festival?

Hi Mali, I would be interested in this,

I can send you my cv if interested. I've been to Tromso twice to volunteer with APECS for the Arctic Frontiers conference. I'm not in research but do what I can so I'm not an expert but I would love the opportunity to connect with UKPN members and help out :)

Here is my number if you would like to chat further 07413757595

Kind Regards

Jennifer Austin
From: UK Polar Network Mailing List <UKPN@JISCMAIL.AC.UK> on behalf of Malu Avila <mlavilaj@GMAIL.COM>
Sent: 02 March 2017 10:32:07
To: UKPN@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Want to volunteer with UKPN in the Leeds Science Festival?
 
Dear UKPN,

The UKPN is planning to present a workshop on Polar Oceans (sea level rise and ocean acidification) at the next Leeds Science Festival (27th March 2017) and we will need help! You don't need to be an expert in any of these topics, as the activities are fairly simple and tailored to school children. We are running two workshops (a morning and an afternoon one) with activities linked to these two topics to mainly middle and high school kids.

This is a wonderful opportunity if you want to gain some outreach experience, or to contribute with any outreach experience you may already have!

Your travel and accommodation costs will be fully covered. All the materials and the outline of the workshops are also all provided. Please do drop me an email if you are interested or if you would like more information.

All the best,
Malu.

--
Dr M.Avila
UKPN Committee Member (Education and Outreach)
Science and Editorial Consultant
Polar Outreach Officer
https://sites.google.com/site/maluavilabiology/