Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Library and Information Sciences for Arctic and Northern Studies

[If interested, please contact the two editors directly.]



From:Spencer Acadia <acadias1@gmail.com>
Sent:14 September 2020 17:05
To:Kelman, Ilan <i.kelman@ucl.ac.uk>; Genevieve Parente <genevieve.parente@gmail.com>
Subject:Call for chapter proposals: New book on library and information sciences for Arctic and Northern studies
 
Dear Ilan Kelman,

I hope you are well.

I wanted to get in touch with you because I found your book "Arcticness: Power and Voice from the North" from 2017 to be instrumental in the writing of a chapter for a book I edited about library and information sciences (LIS) in the Arctic. That book is being published by Routledge this December, details here: https://bit.ly/routarct. I used your book in the writing of the introductory chapter for the Arctic LIS book and wanted to say thank you for putting together such a great volume of work.

I'm now preparing a second edited book on Arctic LIS. This next book is tentatively titled: "Library and Information Sciences for Arctic and Northern Studies." For this one, myself and co-editor Genevieve Parente are looking at the publisher Springer. The call for chapter proposals can be found online here: https://bit.ly/arcticbook.

I'm curious if you might be willing to share the call among your colleagues and listservs who might be interested in this topic? Also, while I realize the topic is outside of your own specialties in global health, we would also welcome a chapter proposal from you if you have any interest or experience in any of the themes mentioned in the call. Please let us know if you have any ideas you'd like to discuss.

Thanks again, and best regards,

Spencer Acadia, editor

Genevieve Parente, editor