Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Invitation to participate in research on Polar Thigh

Dear colleagues,
My name is Natalia Jaromin, and I am an MSc Extreme Medicine student at the University of Exeter (UK) conducting research on Polar Thigh in Arctic and Antarctic environments.
This study aims to improve understanding of Polar Thigh by exploring its risk factors, clinical presentation, and field management in polar environments. As there is currently little published research on this condition, the findings will help strengthen the evidence base, raise awareness, and inform future prevention and management strategies in expedition medicine.
I am inviting individuals with experience working or participating in Arctic or Antarctic expeditions to complete an anonymous online questionnaire. If you have experienced, witnessed, or managed a case of Polar Thigh, I would be grateful for your participation.
The questionnaire takes approximately 10–15 minutes to complete. Participation is voluntary, and you may withdraw at any time before submitting your responses.
Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,
Natalia Jaromin
MSc Extreme Medicine 
University of Exeter